Book your service
WHEEL BALANCING AT THE SANDY AUTO CENTRE
If the tyres of your vehicle do not turn symmetrically around the axle and therefore run rough, there is an imbalance. The consequence: The driving behaviour is negatively influenced so that a considerable security risk arises. A remedy is the so-called balancing.
The causes of an imbalance are well-known: they are usually everyday situations in traffic, such as heavy braking or curb bumps. Remember: In principle, any difference in the weight of the wheels can lead to an imbalance. Even the weight of the tyre valve can lead to an uneven distribution of the load.
HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT BALANCING YOUR CAR’S WHEELS IS REQUIRED?
The signs of an imbalance are usually:
- More or less strong vibrations of the steering wheel when driving
- During a visual inspection, it is noticed that the tyres have been worn unevenly.
We recommend that you have the tyres of your vehicle checked regularly at your SRC Auto Care.
The consequences of the imbalance can be:
- The impairment of ride comfort due to the vibrations
- Increased wear on the chassis
- An uneven and accelerated tyre wear
Even an imbalance of ten grams acts as a centrifugal force when driving at 60mph like 2.5 kilograms! A trembling steering wheel and vibrations in the vehicle, especially in the speed range between 50 and 75 mph, are the noticeable consequences. In addition come as long-term damage, uneven tyre wear and an additional burden on the suspension and the wheel bearings.
A rotating wheel is an important contribution to your driving safety and driving comfort. Have your wheels balanced regularly, for example when changing from winter to summer tyres.
WHEEL BALANCING: WE DO IT QUICKLY AND EASILY FOR YOU
We at the SRC Auto Care as your tyre specialists handle the process quickly and easily - and of course at the best price!
When you buy tyres from us, the wheel balancing will be done free of charge during the tyre fitting.
- Take advantage of our expertise in tyre and wheel change
- Rely on our many years of experience
- Trust in our highly qualified staff
- Let us provide you with more security
- Take advantage of our quick service: The tyre change is made while you wait. The quick service is possible with and without an appointment.
How is it done?
For steady, dynamic balancing, our experts determine unequal mass distributions of tyre and rim. With the help of a balancing machine, the deviations are localised and can then be levelled by attaching balancing weights on the wheel. Here we rely on modern centring- and clamping technology. To protect the environment, the weights are now no longer made of lead, but of zinc instead. These are either clamped to the rim flange, the outwardly bent edge of the rim or glued to the rim base on alloy rims. The cleaning of the wheel hub and the correct torque when tightening the wheels complete the balancing result and ensure optimum concentricity.
- Running your tyres around, harmful centrifugal forces are avoided
- This extends the life of your tyres
- Damage to the wheel bearing and suspension is avoided
- So you have optimal security
Wheel balancing in Sandy – SRC Auto Care